In accordance with the student exchange agreements signed by both parties, Minzu university of China (MUC) will accept currently enrolled students from partner universities or institutions overseas to apply for inter-university exchange programs. Exchange programs usually extend for one semester or two semesters (one academic year). The fall semester starts from September to December and the spring semester starts from March to June in normal.
1. Chinese language program. This program held by international education college of MUC is open to exchange students. It is divided into four levels: beginner, elementary, intermediate and advanced. Each level has language skills training courses and Chinese culture practices and experiences. This program can not provide credits certificate. After the students finish their exchange study, their transcripts will be sent to their home institutions.The home institution can process the credits transfer according to its own assessment. Please refer to Chinese Language Program for further information.
2. Undergraduate program. All undergraduate courses in our university are open to exchange students. The exchange students can choose the courses which are correspond to their study in home institution or the courses they have interest in. The students applying for this program are required to have HSK-5 (>=180) certificate or equivalent Chinese proficiency for all courses are taught in Chinese. After the students finish their exchange study and pass the evaluation, they can obtain their transcripts with credits certificate.
More information about undergraduate programs please refer to
3. Postgraduate exchange program. The student should contact his/her graduate supervisor in MUC and obtain the acceptance letter by the supervisor before applying. For more information, please contact the schools in our university which have signed the postgraduate exchange agreements. More information about Postgraduate programs please refer to
1. Must be a currently enrolled university student (grade two or above);
2. Non-Chinese citizen.
Exchange coordinator of home university needs send the completed nomination form to MUC by email (email@example.com). Link to download nomination form: 附件1：Nomination of 2023-2024 exchange students to MUC.xlsx
Fall semester 2023: May 15th 2023
Spring semester 2024: December 15th 2023
How to apply
1. Complete and submit application online via http://lxs.muc.edu.cn/member/login.do
Link to download application guide 附件2：application guide for exchange students.pdf
2. Wait for the qualification review. Once the applicant admitted, the admission documents from MUC will be post to home university in early January for spring program or early July for autumn program. The applicant can check the admission status via online application system.
1). ID photo with white background;
2). Photo page copy of passport;
3). Certificate of enrollment (with Chinese or English translations);
4). Academic transcript from home university (with Chinese or English translations);
5). Study/Research plan (with Chinese or English);
6). A letter of recommendation from home university (with Chinese or English translations);
7). HSK-5 certificate or equivalent proof of Chinese proficiency：necessary for undergraduate programs or postgraduate programs;
8). An acceptance letter by the post-graduate supervisor in MUC (with Chinese or English translations)：necessary for postgraduate exchange program
9). Foreigner Physical Examination Form (*.pdf,*.jpg,*.jpeg): necessary for the applicant informed. Link to download Physical Examination Form 附件3：外国人体检表.pdf
Fall semester in 2023: April 1 to May 30, 2023
Spring semester in 2024: November 1 to December 30, 2023
We can provide on-campus dormitory at MUC. AB single room (CNY 70-80/bed/day), AB double room & triple room (CNY 55/bed/day). Facilities include living room (with sofa and tea table), kitchen (with range hood and electric water boiler), bathroom (with shower), air conditioner, bed, desk, washing machine, wardrobe, Internet service.
1.Application fee: CNY 400
2.Tuition: It is subject to the inter-university exchange agreement.
3.Accommodation fee: It is subject to the inter-university exchange agreement.
4.Medical insurance fee: CNY 400/semester. For further information, please refer to
5. Visa (for X1 holder only): CNY 400
Student Affairs Office, College of International Education, Minzu University of China
Address: 27 Zhongguancun South Avenue, Haidian District, Beijing 100081, P.R.China
University Website: http://www.muc.edu.cn
College Website: http://cie.muc.edu.cn